Redis is an open-source in-memory database project released in 2009 implementing a distributed, in-memory key-value store with optional durability. Redis supports different kinds of abstract data structures, such as strings, lists, maps, sets, sorted sets, hyperloglogs, bitmaps and spatial indexes.
- Connect to Redis database:
$ redis-cli 127.0.0.1:6379> ping PONG
- Get a list of keys:
- Get redis information:
redis-cli $127.0.0.1:6379> info
Redis Enterprise is a commercial version of Redis including replication capabilities.
K8s operator for Redis Enterprise was released in October 2018.
CRDB (Conflict-free Replicated Redis Database) allows to run an application in a distributed manner across cloud and on-prem.
- Read Redis release Notes https://raw.githubusercontent.com/antirez/redis/5.0/00-RELEASENOTES
- RedisInsight, a GUI management client for Windows, Linux and Mac announced in November 2019
- Databases: Berkeley DB, Redis, etcd, leveldb, RocksDB (MyRocks), Infinispan
- Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, SQLite, Derby DB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HSQL2, H2, RocksDB