The vulnerability scanner uses a database to compare details about the target attack surface. The database references known flaws, coding bugs, packet construction anomalies, default configurations, and potential paths to sensitive data that can be exploited by attackers.
Types of vulnerability scanners
- Port Scanner: Probes a server or host for open ports
- Network Enumerator: A computer program used to retrieve information about users and groups on networked computers
- Network Vulnerability Scanner: A system that proactively scans for network vulnerabilities
- Web Application Security Scanner: A program that communicates with a Web application to find potential vulnerabilities within the application or its architecture
- Computer Worm: A type of self-replicated computer malware, which can be used to find out vulnerabilities
- Nessus - is one of the most famous but is not free.
- Burp Suite
- Detectify web service: https://detectify.com/
- Tenable.io service: https://www.tenable.com/products/tenable-io
- Security tools: Password cracking, Vulnerability Scanning
- Security: Hardening, CVE, CWE, Wireless Network Hacking, vulnerability scanner, Security risk assessment, SCA, Application Security Testing, OWASP, Data leak, Password policy, NIST, SANS, Security policy, password policy, MFA, Access Control attacks, password cracking, OTP, UTF, Firewall, DoS, Software bugs, MITM, Password manager, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Contents, Security+ Malware, FIPS, DLP
- Certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Exam