Microsoft SQL Server
This article is a Draft. Help us to complete it.
wikipedia:Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft listening on port 1433.
- Express: freely downloadable and distributable
- Standard: includes High Availability 2-node failover cluster
- Web: under the Microsoft Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA)
- Enterprise: In-memory ColumnStore, In-memory OLTP, AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Developer edition: SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition is a fully featured version of SQL Server software—including all of the features and capabilities of Enterprise Edition—licensed for development, test, and demonstration purposes only. Since 2016 is available for download from the Microsoft Dev Essentials program.
- Evaluation Edition is a fully functional trial version of SQL Server 2016 software that automatically expires after 180 days.
- SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse
- SQL Server 2019: HDFS included
- SQL Server 2017 RT
- SQL Server 2016 SP2
- SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2012
- Per Core
Upgrade from SQL Server Express 2016
If you upgraded from SQL Server Express, you must perform additional steps before you can use your upgraded instance of SQL Server:
- Enable the SQL Server Agent service in Windows SCM.
- Provision the SQL Server Agent service account by using SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Read about transation logs recommendations: https://www.brentozar.com/archive/2014/02/back-transaction-logs-every-minute-yes-really/
- Read Microsoft SQL Server License guide https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/C/6/9C6EB70A-8D52-48F4-9F04-08970411B7A3/SQL_Server_2016_Licensing_Guide_EN_US.pdf
- Read how to change your license: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/how-to-change-sql-server-license-or-product-key
- Start->Programs ->Microsoft SQL Server 2016-> SQL Server Installation Center
- Download and use SQL Server Management Studio
- Review SQL computing limits based on editions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/editions-and-components-of-sql-server-2016?view=sql-server-2016
- SQL Server Upgrade
- Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, SQLite, Derby DB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HSQL2, H2, RocksDB, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Oracle Database, Memcached
- Microsoft, Azure, Windows