Amazon S3 Storage Classes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Amazon S3 Standard is the default class.
- Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering (Nov 2018) , Sep 2021) 
- Amazon S3 Standard Infrequent Access (IA) is designed for less frequently accessed data. Typical use cases are backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Amazon S3 One Zone-Infrequent Access is designed for data that is not often needed but when required, needs to be accessed rapidly. Data is stored in one zone and if that zone is destroyed, all data is lost.
- Amazon Glacier is designed for long-term storage of data that is infrequently accessed and where retrieval latency of minutes or hours is acceptable. "Glacier Deep Archive" is an alternative with a retrieval time of at least 12 hours, but 1/4th the price. It is intended as an alternative to magnetic tape libraries, and is designed for long term retention of data for 7 to 10 years.
- AWS S3,
aws s3, aws s3api, aws s3control, Amazon S3 Storage Lens, CRR, SRR, S3 Replication Time Control (S3 RTC), Website endpoint, Amazon Macie, Versioning, Lifecycle, AWS S3 replication, Amazon S3 Inventory, Amazon S3 Batch Operations, Storage Classes, Amazon S3 clients, Terraform S3