Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Amazon AWS offers different wikipedia:Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance types, you will have to select the appropriate instance according to your computing demands and prices. AWS price calculator can help you to take the right decision: https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html.
- General Purpose: M5, M4, T2, t2.micro instances are free tier eligible, T2 ulimited (not free tier eligible)
- Compute Optimized: C5 (since November 2017) , C4. C5 instances are cheaper and more powerful than C4 instances.
- Memory Optimized: X1e, X1, R4
- Accelerated Computing: P3, P2, G3, F1
- Storage Optimized: H1, I3, D2
EBS storage can be attached to ECS instances.
- March 2022 Amazon EC2 adds new AMI property to view timestamp of the latest instance launch using the AMI: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2022/03/amazon-ec2-ami-timestamp-instance-launch/
- AWS GuardDuty EC2 Instance Credential Exfiltration 
- July 2018, New R5, R5d, and z1d Instances available.
ec2-userand Ubuntu usernames
chmod 400 YOUR_KEY.pem
- Amazon EC2 Spot
- Create aws ec2 instance with ansible
- t3.micro included in AWS free tier
- Amazon EC2 service quotas
- Basic and advanced monitoring
- macOS, MacStadium
- AWS CloudFormation:
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
- AWS EC2, AWS::EC2,
- AWS EC2,
aws ec2, Amazon EC2 Spot Instances,
AWS::EC2::Instance, CPU credits, Instance type, EC2 limitations, 169.254.169.254, Instance metadata and user data (IMDS)
- AWS computing, AWS EC2, Amazon EC2 Spot Instances, Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances, Amazon EC2 Instance types
- Azure Virtual Machines
- "Amazon EC2 Instance Types – Amazon Web Services (AWS)". Amazon Web Services, Inc. Retrieved 2018-02-23.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>