Jump to navigation Jump to search
By default, the only things removed are:
- Containers for services defined in the Compose file
- Networks defined in the networks section of the Compose file
- The default network, if one is used
- Networks and volumes defined as external are never removed.
docker-compose down (no output)
docker-compose down --volumes
-v, --volumes remove named volumes declared in the `volumes` section of the Compose file and anonymous volumes attached to containers.
docker-compose down --remove-orphans
docker-compose -volumes down SERVICE_NAME
docker-compose version 1.23.2, build 1110ad01
docker-compose down Stopping service1 ... done Stopping service2 ... done Removing service1 ... done Removing service2 ... done Removing network your_network
docker-compose down ERROR: Can't find a suitable configuration file in this directory or any parent. Are you in the right directory? Supported filenames: docker-compose.yml, docker-compose.yaml
- Take down a service: docker compose up service -d
docker-compose up SERVICE